Sunday 3 June 2012

Fall in love with Love it!


LoveIt is an eco-friendly jewellery brand that will catch your eye and your heart, for as well as being stunning to look at the jewellery is also made for a good cause and at a minimal cost to the environment. For every piece of full priced merchandise brought LoveIt donates 15% to Save the Turtles, this comes from the brands ethic of giving back and looking great.

Each piece tells a story whilst being unique and made from vintage and reclaimed materials.

I interviewed the lady who created the brand from a couple of vintage chains and a handful of beads, read on to see her inspirations and aspirations for LoveIt.

See all of her fantastic designs at: http://www.loveitshop.com/


When did you realise that you wanted to become a designer? 

I was always making accessories for my friends and family growing up.  After working years of retail {for corporations}, I wanted to run free.  In 2005, there weren't many insanely intricate chain necklaces, so I often layered 4 or 5 vintage pieces on top of another.  After I decided to merge two vintage chains with a bag of vintage beads... I was hooked!
What does fashion mean to you?

Fashion has always been an expression of ones' self.  What you wear speaks a lot about who you are.

How did things such as your location, family and friends affect your decision to become a designer?

My friends were completely the reason I started designing.  My friend has his own line, and helped me by introducing me to tradeshows and much more.

What inspired you when creating your latest collection? 

My summer collection was inspired from the CA and AZ deserts... mainly the stretch of highway 78 to the 8.  My newest addition, the headpieces, were inspired by Goddesses... each Goddess arising from people in my life.  All of my individual pieces have a story all their own, and often times a piece might just jump out from being part of a "collection."

What type of woman do you want to see in your creations?

A woman that isn't afraid of expressing herself.  She is carefree and strong.  She is a leader and not a follower in fashion.  She understands individuality.

How do you see yourself expanding in the future? 

I see myself collaborating with other designers, as well as having a fine jewelry line.  If I ever do manufacture, it will be made in the USA and sold in limited editions (as well as remaining eco-friendly!)

Are there any designers that you admire? 

I admire designers that keep animals and the environment in mind, as well as those that donate to charity.  I love Victoire de Castellane's designs, but who doesn't?!

When you aren’t designing what else do you like to do? 

I love signing petitions for causes that are important to me... as well as writing letters to companies, representatives, and being a guest blogger for eco blogs... after all... there is only one world.

What advice do you have for other designers? 

Be true to yourself as an artist.  You might get inspiration from other designers, but never be a "copycat" designer... always design what makes you happy... and the fans will follow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment